|Sat, Jan 14 2023 - Feb 18 2023|
Our main objective is to foster positive sports experiences. We offer opportunities in soccer, football, basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, cheerleading, lacrosse, wrestling, camps and more!
In order for participants to truly benefit from these experiences, a positive approach must be embraced by everyone in the program, including program administrators, staff, instructors, coaches, parents and participants. The purpose of these programs is to provide a fun and accessible sports experience for all. Participation in athletics helps develop self-esteem, promotes teamwork, and develops the mind and body. To ensure our philosophy is successful, we will follow these guidelines:
- Everyone can participate: Registration is open to adults and all boys and girls ages 3-14 (Grade 8), regardless of skill level or physical abilities. In regards to competitive travel teams, everyone is provided the opportunity to try-out.
- Everyone plays: Our goal is for everyone to PLAY. Rules mandate that every player must have equal playing time; we do not favor competition over participation.
- Everyone will play safe: Making safety a top priority for coaches, instructors and participants helps to prevent and reduce the number of injuries incurred by participants.
- Everyone will receive positive coaching: Positive encouragement from coaches and instructors will provide a positive atmosphere and experience for participants to develop skills.
- Everyone will play fair: Participants will be placed on balanced teams, giving each team a chance to compete fairly.
Parent/ Child Little Lions Basketball ClinicParent/ Child Little Lions Basketball Clinic Preschool Ages 3 & 4 This Parent/ Child Basketball Clinic will be the perfect step for our little basketball players who are yet ready to dribble on their own yet. Parents will assist the staff in coaching their child, while learning some very basic skills and drills that you can work on at home. Coached by Orange Youth Sports Staff Location: Brady Middle School Gym BASKETBALL Our Basketball programs here in the community are among our most popular and well attended programs. We begin our basketball journey in our “Parent / Child” Classes, we dribble along to our kindergarten and 1st “clinics”, eventually graduating to “League” and gameplay at grades 3 & 4. All along the way, learning new steps to the game to grow our skills. Our “travel” basketball program competes with the best teams in the area and has produced varsity athletes in our community. All giving players at all ages and all skill levels an opportunity to join us for some basketball this fall and winter. More information for your program will be available upon registration. There is still time to join our Boys K-2, clinics and league.
Girls Basketball Leagues and ClinicsThe Cavaliers and Orange Community Education & Recreation once again has partnered up to bring our community an amazing basketball experience for everyone this winter. Benefits of this partnership include; One Cavaliers ticket/voucher per registrant, a Junior Cavs branded reversible jersey, access to instructional videos on cavs.com for every participant, Opportunities for family and friends to purchase discounted game tickets. All of our recreation Basketball Families will have the opportunity to join in on this program, with limited access for our Travel Players. This partnership will culminate in a family night at a Cavs game TBD in the winter months. Our Basketball programs here in the community are among out most popular and well attended programs. We being or basketball journey in our Parent / Child Classes, we dribble along to our kindergarten and 1st clinics, eventually graduating to league and gameplay at grades 3&4. All along the way, learning new steps to the game to grow our skills. Our travel basketball program competes with the best teams in the area and has produced varsity athletes in our community. All giving players at all ages and all skill levels an opportunity to join us for some basketball this fall and winter. More information for your program will be available upon registration.